Joshua Slatkin is an expert attorney at law representing the Greater Los Angeles Area. From Brentwood, Santa Monica, and Culver City, to Los Feliz, and Westwood, Joshua Slatkin has experience representing personal injury, vehicle, and employment law clients from all across Southern California.
Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation today.
A serious car, truck, bicycle, semi-truck, or motorcycle accident can happen anywhere. You can be injured in a parking lot, on the freeway, or your neighborhood streets. In addition to the immediate pain and suffering of your injuries, you may also suffer other financial and emotional losses as well. This is especially true if your injuries are serious enough to warrant hospitalization, ongoing care, and time off from work.
If you need help recovering compensation after a crash that wasn’t your fault, contact JCS Law Firm to schedule a free case evaluation. We will collect the evidence necessary to prove liability for your accident, calculate the value of your claim, negotiate a fair settlement for damages, and go to trial if necessary.
California’s roads and highways see a variety of modes of transportation, and we have experience representing drivers of all kinds of vehicles. Whatever kind of vehicle accident you were involved in, we will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. We have successfully handled accidents involving:
- Cars and SUVs. When you are injured because another driver violated a traffic law, you should be fairly compensated. It does not matter what sort of vehicle you choose to drive. We will represent you if you were in a sub-compact or a full-size SUV.
- Motorcycles and Bicycles. Motorcyclists and bicyclists are particularly vulnerable to serious injury when other drivers are careless, but they are often blamed for accidents that are not their fault. Our team is experienced in representing motorcycle and bicycle riders in accident claims.
- Pedestrians. Pedestrians are at risk of being seriously injured by other drivers, even when they are in a crosswalk or on the sidewalk. We can help pedestrian accident victims hold negligent motorists accountable and recover fair compensation for their considerable injuries and damages.
- Semi-trucks. Victims of crashes with semi-trucks not only face catastrophic injuries, but they also face a team of attorneys protecting the trucking company and the at-fault driver. We do not shy away from these difficult claims, and we will fight for the compensation you deserve when a distracted, fatigued, or drugged truck driver causes your injuries. JCS Lawyers will get you reparations for your semi-truck accident.
Vehicle Accidents Can Have Life-Altering Consequences
Even when you have taken the appropriate safety precautions, such as wearing a seatbelt or a motorcycle helmet, you can still suffer life-long debilitating injuries in a serious vehicle crash. Our goal is to fully assess your injuries and get you the compensation you will need for your entire life when you suffer the following types of injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury. Concussions and severe brain injuries can occur even when the head does not suffer a direct impact in a vehicle crash. These injuries can damage the motor and cognitive functions and potentially require life-long care.
- Spinal cord damage. A catastrophic crash can cause irreparable damage to the spinal cord, which can cause paralysis from the point of injury to the lower body.
- Burns. When a vehicle collision causes a fire, the occupants can suffer severe burns all over their bodies.
- Fractures. Broken bones, including pelvic fractures, are common in vehicle crashes. While certain kinds of fractures heal completely, others can cause long-term or lifelong physical disabilities.
- Amputations. Motorcycle and bicycle riders and victims of semi-truck crashes may experience the loss of a limb in the accident. This life-changing injury will require many years of treatment and rehabilitation.
- Wrongful Death. When a loved one is killed in a vehicle accident, surviving family members may be able to file a wrongful death claim to recover damages on his or her behalf.
Proving Fault in California Vehicle Crashes Is Not Always Easy or Simple
Evidence is necessary to prove that the other driver acted carelessly, which is referred to as being negligent under the law. Some evidence may be readily available, such as a police report, photographs from the scene, or eyewitness statements. Other evidence may be more difficult to obtain, such as video from nearby surveillance cameras and/or testimony from expert witnesses. An experienced car accident attorney can help you get the evidence needed to prove the other driver was at-fault for the collision so you can receive the full settlement or judgment you deserve.
Some accidents, such as those involving semi-trucks, require evidence that may be even more difficult to obtain. If you were in a truck accident, we will send the trucking company a “spoliation letter” directing the trucking company to preserve evidence such as:
- Driver hour logs
- Drug and alcohol test results
- Data from the truck’s black box
- Maintenance records
- The truck itself
- Any other accident-related evidence in the company’s possession
No matter what type of crash you were in, we will help you compile evidence to value and prove all your financial and emotional losses stemming from the accident.
Your medical records and medical bills play a central role in the value of your case. Other evidence to prove your damages may include:
- Bills related to medical care
- Pictures of your damaged car or motorcycle
- Any torn or bloody clothing
- A damaged motorcycle helmet
- Pictures of your injuries
- Documentation of lost wages
- Receipts from accident-related out-of-pocket expenses
- A journal documenting the emotional impact of the accident
Request our free e-book, Your Injury Guide: 10 Things You Should Know About Your Injury Case, to learn more about the evidence you can use in a vehicle accident case.